Essay-Proof Journal, Volumes 1-12, 1944-1956

Ancient Coins - Essay-Proof Journal, Volumes 1-12, 1944-1956
zoom view
New York: Essay-Proof Society. The Essay-Proof Journal, Volumes 1-12, 1944-1956, issues 1-48 bound in maroon cloth, first six volumes matching, next two slightly different and the final five also slightly different, Volume 7 No. 1 (Part 2) is unbound and laid in, Volume 13 (1957), whole Nos. 49-52, is unbound and included with the lot. All Fine copies. From the library of Chester A. Smeltzer with his name stamped in gilt on the front board of the first 8 volumes. An important periodical, that continued on to 1992 before the society ceased its operations. While perhaps 80% philatelic, the disciplines learned in that hobby are certainly portable to numismatics, and the remaining 20%, which cover paper money, fine engraving, histories of bank note firms, and reprints of rare works represent information not readily available elsewhere. Bound in the front of the first volume are two works by Clarence Brazer: The Various Kinds of United States Essays and Proofs, 1935, 10 pages, and A Historical Catalog of U. S. Stamp Essays and Proofs: The Omaha Trans-Mississippi Issue, 1898, 48 pages. Also laid in are several newspaper clippings from 1945, one of which includes a rare photo of celebrated numismatist/philatelist Hiram Deats, foremost expert on Confederacy stamps.
价格 品种: 12740
US$ 450.00
  • € 371.12
  • £ 318.10
  • AUD 582.21
  • CHF 403.92
  • CAD 545.08

利率: 06/13/21